Nancy’s Photo Tour

Nancy Studio 01

Picture 1 of 13

Welcome to my home. I’d love to show you my Dream Sewing Studio!

Learn more about the Koala models Nancy chose for her home.

1. avatar bev
    Jul 16, 2010 @ 19:35:28

Wow- every sewer’s dream!!!!! Great ideas! What are the dimensions of the room? I’ve just retired from teaching and plan to pass-on all my teaching materials in order to create a sewing space and hopefully teach my granddaughters to sew.

2. avatar Debbie
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 13:17:50

What a dream come true except way to clean! I’d love to win a set for my new sewing room!

3. avatar Sandi
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 13:30:46

Amazing!! I would also like to see how that closet is organized, because I suspect that many ufos are hidden in there – just like mine. What a great inspiration to get a sewing room decluttered and orgranized! Thanks for sharing Nancy!

4. avatar Jody Knox
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 15:50:20

Love the room. Just in the planning stages so I would also like the dimensions of the room.

5. avatar Lucille Dodson
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 15:51:18

Wow what a wonderful room! I can only dream of such a sewing space.

6. avatar Jennie
    Jul 19, 2010 @ 22:06:06

Your such a lucky Lady to have a beautiful sewing room and not have to share it with others what a great get away enjoy.

7. avatar Pat
    Jul 20, 2010 @ 22:16:47

Wow! Every sewers dream room. My granddaughters would never want to leave Maw Maw’s with a sewing room like that.

8. avatar lynn
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 11:19:04

love the raised comfort seat!

9. avatar Mary
    Jul 21, 2010 @ 21:41:03

WOW! This is lovely. Gives me some ideas. Thanks.

10. avatar Kisty
    Jul 22, 2010 @ 16:20:58

That is AWESOME!!! We are building our home right now, and my husband has me a little sewing room,combined as the laudry room! How lucky am I…..wishing i had that one!

11. avatar Cynthia Schnapf
    Jul 23, 2010 @ 16:17:36

Hey Nancy You are a Lucky Lady I Wish i Had a Dream Sewing Room But Tell Me Something How Can You Make A Small Closet To Work As A Sewing Room PLEASE Let Me Know Your Sewing Friend Cynthia Schnapf

12. avatar Lauranette Lewellen
    Jul 24, 2010 @ 15:27:43

I have much of the Koala furniture myself and I love it. I learned about the serger furniture today and I think that will be my next project! Thanks for such a nice tour.

• avatar Koala Marketing
      Jul 28, 2010 @ 10:39:10

We’re glad you liked the TreasureChest Plus IV. The cutting-table height is great for both standing and sitting. Like all of the Koala models, it can be used with almost any serger or sewing machine. You just order the matching wood insert and it is custom cut for your machine’s make and model.

13. avatar Nancy Zieman
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 07:21:47

Greetings to all, I’m glad that you enjoyed seeing my Dream Sewing Room! Cynthia Schnapf asked how to make a closet into a sewing area. Cynthia, could post the dimensions of your closet–the size would make a difference in my recommendation.

14. avatar Nancy Zieman
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 12:55:08

Some of you have asked the size of my sewing room. It’s 17′ X 21′ with a 3′ small walkway at the French doors.

15. avatar Christine Martinson
    Aug 12, 2010 @ 11:32:28

Great Eye Candy. Yes, it is the Dream Sewing Room. This is just lovely lots of really nice work space.

16. avatar Louise Hardy
    Aug 13, 2010 @ 08:04:21

Nancy, Loved your studio tour. Would have liked to enter your contest but I guess it’s not open to us Canadians. Bad luck for us.

17. avatar Mary Alicea-Moore
    Sep 01, 2010 @ 23:25:55

Nancy, Thanks for the tour! Your studio is fantastic with all the great storage and work space it looks so easy to keep it all organized and tidy.

18. avatar Rebecca
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 12:32:21

Nancy, your studio is gorgeous! Is it always that neat, or do the Koala products really help you stay that organized?

19. avatar Cathy
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 17:26:33

I really like this studio. I am looking into buying the koala studios for my room. We are in the process of setting it up now.

20. avatar Cathy
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 17:28:02

I forgot to ask what wood choice is this studio?

21. avatar Nancy Zieman
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 09:28:32

22. avatar Chrystina
    Sep 08, 2010 @ 08:59:30

Wow, way to neat and clean!!! How did you do that??? I have two rooms that big and they are no way as neat and clean as yours.

23. avatar Bonnie Dilgard
    Sep 09, 2010 @ 15:16:33

Love, Love Love your Sewing Room. It must be so inspiring to dream up new projects. I sure would keep my sewing room clean if it was mine. Thanks so much for sharing. Someday my dream sewing room will come true.

24. avatar Cheri Foster
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 10:49:54

I have a 10 x 12 foot sewing room with a 3 foot x 6 foot closet attached. What kind of layout would you recommend to get the most use of my space. I have a featherweight sewing machine and a Bernina 185 e.

25. avatar Jacqueline Lewis
    Sep 13, 2010 @ 06:07:14

Nancy, I really love your sewing room. I’ve been looking at the Kola studio for a few years now. I’m Thinking about coverting a sheid into a sewing space. I have no room in my house.

26. avatar Dawn Frisch
    Sep 14, 2010 @ 16:29:10

Hi Nancy,
    Wow! What a wonderful sewing studio! One of these days, maybe mine will look a little like yours! (I can dream!). I just finished converting my living room (we never use it) into my sewing room (which used to be a in a small bedroom). The difference is amazing! I have so much more room now to sew and quilt.

By the way, I’ve watched your show for many, many years and I must thank you so much for all of the things that you’ve shared and taught me. You are an inspiration to me (being disabled it’s easy to lose sight of the important things) Nancy and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have a question, is that your grand baby’s photo in your computer area? If so, what is her name and how old is she now? (I just saw a show a few weeks ago where you said that you were expecting a granddaughter). Congratulations!!! I know she’ll be the best-dressed baby ever! : )

Hugs, Dawn

27. avatar Nancy Zieman
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 15:10:48

Dawn, thank you for your kind comments. How clever of you to convert your living room into a sewing room! Great idea. Yes, I am a grandmother of adorable little Avery! Soon she’ll celebrate her first birthday.

28. avatar Judith Spence
    Sep 29, 2010 @ 01:26:40

Nancy, thank you for all your expertise over the years. Always enjoy your instructional shows as you have a knack in getting the info across clearly and precisely so one can use it. Would love to have your size room (17′ x 21′) for my sewing. Thanks for the tour and all the info on each cabinet arrangement. I seem to have spread out with my many sewing machines (4 Baby Lock) and projects and people’s clothing to do. The Koala cabinets have such versatility and it would be great to have the right cabinets for my work room. Getting and keeping things organized while working is always a challenge. Keep up the good work so we can all see how good we can be by your example. Thank you again.

29. avatar Amy C
    Oct 01, 2010 @ 18:22:40

This is my favorite! Lovin’ the large sewing space and all of the storage.

30. avatar Wanda H Leffingwell
    Oct 02, 2010 @ 05:34:08

Nancy’s Sewing room is great, I can only wish for a sewing room like that!

31. avatar Michele
    Oct 03, 2010 @ 21:44:24

Thanks for sharing and allowing someone to win a fantasy Dream sewing room. I loved the idea of the hook for the embroidery hoops. If I don’t win this I am sure I can come up with something.
    Thanks again.

32. avatar Vicki Nuzum
    Oct 03, 2010 @ 23:33:24

I love your room, plus you have so many windows for the greatest light there is! Natural!
    We had our basement windows cut larger, it really did help. Now to get some Koala cabinets.

Vicki

33. avatar Marcia Kosturock
    Oct 13, 2010 @ 16:48:18

Oh how I love that room! Well, I have a nice room that is full of junk that would look ever so much nicer with all of those lovely pieces in it. I have been hand stitching in my living room instead as I have no table to set my machine up on. I’ve found a card table does not make a good sewing table.

34. avatar Julie N
    Oct 15, 2010 @ 13:08:23

I can only dream of having something like these cabinets. I’m thankful for what I have, but how wonderful to have something so complete and able to facilitate organization and efficiency. I’ll keep dreaming.

35. avatar Julie O'Leary
    Oct 19, 2010 @ 16:30:37

Wow, what a beautiful room. I also turned my never used formal living room into my sewing room. It is 15 x 19 feet. I have a Viking SE, Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock serger, and a HQ16 all in that room. It works for me and everything is organized and neat. I just ordered the Bigboard and the two chest that it sits on from Nancy Notions and can not wait to get it. One of these days I would love to get the white Koala set. Just want to say I love your catalog and website and am always getting stuff and gift certs for my best friend/sewing buddy. Thanks for a great company to do business with.
    Julie O.

36. avatar EveVanna
    Oct 27, 2010 @ 14:08:53

How I would love to have a room like that I have a long table & have to share the room with my husband with my material stored in totes under the table. How lucky you are!!

37. avatar Arlene
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 09:50:32

Such a beautiful sewing room. Thank you for sharing it. Nancy, what kind of flooring does it have?

38. avatar Deb Hutchinson
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 19:10:50

I love all the organization. I have bits and pieces of different furniture and would love to have something that all worked together.

39. avatar Pam Finnegan
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 05:53:53

Nancy,
    I so love your room with all the beautiful Kola furniture. One day I hope to have some of those gorgeous pieces. I am a fabric nut and was wondering if Kola makes any furniture to hold just fabric?

Sewbuckeye aka Pam Finnegan

40. avatar Tony T
    Oct 29, 2010 @ 11:46:35

Hi Nancy…..
    I watch your show a lot. As you can see, Im a guy, and kinda messy…your tour has inspired me to transform my “spare bedroom” into a “Fabric Arts Design and Construction Area.” I’ve been working in a small corner of my living room, and it’s time to dedicate a section of my home to accomodate my love for quilting for others. Since I give almost all of my “Projects” to friends and family.

• avatar Tony T
      Oct 29, 2010 @ 11:50:17

Nancy
      I forgot to mention, I just turned 63 and started Quilting about 2 years ago…..

41. avatar Clara Steendahl
    Nov 13, 2010 @ 20:16:32

That was so much fun to see your work space, A BIG THANK YOU for that, for all your classes on P.B.S,and the Sewing & Stitchery Expo, in Puyallup Washington. I try to never miss the Expo. A big thrill for not only taking a class of yours there, but I held a door open for you when you were coming into the building, what a nice surprise to see you enter.
    This pass July I was in Beaver Dam just to see your shop, and was the first one in Nancy’s Notations when it’s doors opened that morning. I love your shop, and your staff were just great with helping me & putting up with my very sweet husband’s teasing them & taping the whole thing!
    Do take care, I do so enjoy learning from you.

42. avatar Fidelis
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 16:49:20

Beautiful furniture, very efficient work areas. But Nancy, where’s your fabric stash?

43. avatar Melinda
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 20:53:02

I recently visited Patrick Lose’s Studio in Phoenix Arizona while he was taping his TV show Quilting Celebrations. What a dream studio- Koala Studios, Baby Lock Sewing Machines embroidery machines, longarm quilters and color everywhere. There was even a kitchen and a private office. If you ever want to see Koala’s furniture in an amazing setting, visit Patrick Lose in Arizona! The show is great but the place is so much more amazing in person.

44. avatar Dustyroads
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 08:25:00

I love all the natural light…very important to me. So neat and clean; you expecting company????

45. avatar Shirley Lupton
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 20:12:50

Oh my how beautiful. I have watched show for many years and have learned so many tips.. I would love to have a sewing room the size of yours. I am now taking over one of the small bedrooms soon. I love how open your room is with all of the windows. Love, Love. Love! Thanks for sharing.

46. avatar vicki stoker
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 13:18:54

Love the wrap aournd desk unit – would take up less room and would work in almost all rooms.

47. avatar Bonnie
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 15:28:22

I’ve been sewing since I’ve been & never really had a space I could call my own. Would really love to teach and produce/create as my hero Nancy has been able to do for the past 30 years. Having a studio with lots of windows to let the Sunshine in would make a dream come true!

48. avatar PAM
    Nov 05, 2012 @ 11:37:14

I DONT SEE ANYWHERE TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES

49. avatar Marjorie Lipsey
    May 08, 2013 @ 10:59:08

I like some of the Kola furniture, However I would not be able to use it because all I have seen is at least six inches too tall for me. I watch your show every week but I DO NOT quilt, I make custom clothes. My latest project was a cassock for my Lady pastor.

50. avatar Marjorie Lipsey
    May 08, 2013 @ 11:05:30

You may see me within the next two years in the Guiness world book of records with the worlds largest private pattern collection, 9000 +.